“I dream. Sometimes I think that's the only right thing to do.”

Drawing by Amy Sol, colored with Prismacolors by me.

I have this little artbook full of little drawings by various artists that I made at the Oakland Museum of California when it had the Super Awesome and Giant Robot exhibit. I wanted to practice using my colored pencils because I've had these Prismacolors for probably close to 10 years, and most of them I haven't even used. Plus, I'm so bad at colored pencils, so why not practice?

Anyway, while looking through this artbook, I discovered a new artist whose art I really like: Amy Sol. This outline was done by her, and I felt like coloring it in to practice. I like the colors used on the main subject, but I think I did get a little lazy on the thing next to the girl. But, it's practice, and I like the direction I'm going. It's refreshing to see different art styles, and I hope that one day I can develop my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return to oils.

Cap'n Teemo.

In the name of the moon...I will punish you!